Thursday, August 18, 2011

Reinventing Myself? Or...

I've been abducted by aliens and replaced by a mean cleaning machine!!

First, a disclaimer: I have had some health issues which have landed me on steroids. Apparently, there are some pretty intense side effects with the dosage I am on. I have only noticed a few and ONE huge side effect - My ENERGY and DRIVE.

I have accomplished more in the past four days than I have in the past four weeks!!! I can't stop. I am also very disciplined all of a sudden.

My kids are on a schedule, I am on a schedule. I am getting things done when they should be and not putting them off.

Example: Dishes all done after dinner and/or put in dishwasher. Run the dishwasher every night and empty it every morning. Dishes never stay in the sink at all.

I wipe down counter tops and other appliances randomly through the day.

Bathrooms wiped down about every day. Scrubbed this week.

Beds made every morning.

House is picked up and cleaned up and vacuumed by the time the hubby gets home.

This would seem normal for many stay at home moms but because I have a busy bakery business out of my home and I am a typically undisciplined and messy person this is almost a miracle!

I have answered emails, made phone calls, am getting organized with my business.

I have made all sorts of cake decorations in advance and I'm eyeing my enclosed porch which has become a junk room again. I"m thinking if I need to make the best use of these steroids and my new found energy and get that CLEANED out.

woo-hoo!

The bad news is that the drugs won't last. This side effect can wear off and I can't stay on the medication long term. Hopefully I will have given myself a 'clean slate' and new habits will be formed before that happens.

Here's to HOPE!


No comments:

Post a Comment