Friday, April 29, 2011

There is a manual for us!



A wonderful and very supportive friend purchased me this book for my birthday and I love it!

The author outlines what it means to be a 'Messy' and how and why we are this way! I'm only part way through, but I am hoping to obtain practical help as I journey through the pages.

She describes different kinds of 'Messies'. I found that I am almost ALL OF THEM.
sigh. That was discouraging.

She also described some 'Cleanies'. She even describes their day (how and when they clean).

In all of the descriptions of the 'Cleanies' I noticed that she wrote that they cleaned in the morning and then had the rest of the day to do whatever else. But as I kept reading I realized that this just wasn't true! They had to wash dishes every time there were dirty dishes to wash. They wiped down tables and other surfaces and did small pick ups throughout the day. I'm not a genius, but it doesn't take a rocket science to realize that the reason their homes are clean are because they cleaned ALL DAY.

Not only am I fighting the crazy schedule of the life I am living, the fact that I have an exorbitant amount of clutter, but I also have NO DESIRE to spend all that time picking up and cleaning when there is so much more I would rather do with my time.

sorry, but I'm trying to be honest. I want to say what I'm thinking here even if I will change (and hopefully grow from it) later.

Needless to say, even with that issue of the impossibility of 'cleanies' having only one time of day that they clean, I still have the found the book really full of validation and hope, so far. I will stick with it and hope to find practical help and advice in future chapters...

2 comments:

  1. I believe I just ran across this book amidst a pile on my headboard. (the actual picture isn't showing up for me) Guess it might be a good idea to go find it and read it. I do that tomorrow.
    Thanks! I'll let you know if I read it.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, it will be so worth it! I learned a lot from this book. Of course, it's up to US to make the choices and change our cluttered existence, but practical advice always helps! ;)

    ReplyDelete