Tuesday, March 22, 2011

One box (or binder) at a time...

I'm still here. Still plugging away.

I have lowered my expectations. (slightly).

I've come to accept that my home won't look like a magazine spread by the end of 2011.

But if I could make a dent... even diminish considerably my junk and the exhorbitant amount of STUFF, that would be a GOOD THING.

Today, I am attempting to organize and purge my recipe system. (haha, cough, cough). Not a system, really. It's more of a binder that has become a catch-all for any recipe I spy that leaves me hungry.

My goal is to go from this:





To this:



I'll try to remember to post an update about any success or failure with this plan. (I have my fingers crossed). :)

5 comments:

  1. Love your blog but it's very hard to read. The print just disappears into the black spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have my blog posted on a black background, so I'm not sure why you would have that problem. I am going to try a new template soon, so hopefully that will clear up any issues. Thanks for letting me know, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, good luck getting all your recipes in a box. i thought about that idea too but realized that i binder would work better for me. For one if I find a recipe online all I have to do is print it out and put it in my binder and thats it and easier to flip through. I think lol. Anyway I just came across your blog. Going to look at some more now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! How did you manage to get in my head and figure out what I'm thinking and feeling? I've read all your posts and often just sit here nodding my head or say, "YES, that's how I feel". I've added you to my blog of favorite blogs I follow, hope that's OK.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely! thanks for you kind feedback.

    And to everyone else - you might be right! only half are in a box right now. I might go to the binder method as copying everything over may end up taking too much time. I still like the look of the box though. It is 'neater'. and takes up less space!

    I'll let you know how it goes. I should give myself a deadline. Christmas? That's my goal. :) Wish me luck! (Come box or binder...)

    ReplyDelete